Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Founder


So, that dang hurricane changed my moving plans, and I've had a little time to spend here in limbo. Without assignments or jobs, things can get boring - or weird. Two nights ago, I was flipping through a book of founding fathers that my dear friends Kirk and Sarah got me at the National Portrait Gallery this summer. Anyway, since Kirk is a kind of founder in my life, it was decided that he should be painted 18th century style, after Joseph Siffred Duplessis' rendition of Franklin.

7 comments:

Jay Grant said...

Exactly how long did it take you to complete this?

It's really good.

Stephen Crotts said...

hmmm, about 2 nights - so probably around 4-7 hours...I should probably log that stuff.

Carlee said...

ha!
very nice, very nice. he looks appropriately surly yet compassionate.

Desiree Michelle said...

lol this is hilarious.

clydetaber said...

I told Kirk this is my all time favorite facebook face. Truly.

Brandon Wade said...

we're all gawking.

yeah yeah.
looks good.

Jared said...

kalos, stephen. kalos.