Tuesday, March 3, 2009

IAM Encounter sketches

Some sketches from my weekend in New York at the International Arts Movement conference, "Art In Action."

IAM founder Makoto Fujimura reading from his new anthology, Refractions.

Former U.S. Poet Laureate, Billy Collins.

Illustrator extraordinaire Yuko Shimizu, who gave an excellent lecture on drawing.

Arts advocate and director of IAM Nashville, John Farkas.

Writer and founding editor of Curator magazine, Alissa Wilkinson.

Sam Andreades, pastor at the Village Church in Greenwich Village.

1 comment:

The Aesthetic Elevator said...

I like the one of Billy Collins in particular. I'll never forget the guy, for two reasons

1: He started with a poem of his I've heard before

2: When I had him sign one of his books for my wife at the conference he misspelled my wife's name :p